Freestyle linestyle

Having a little trouble with my freestyle linestyle. I do alot of my patent drawings with adobe illustrator and feel I could be more effective doing my drawings with blender, using freestyle. Unfortunately, when I export my drawing it is very pixelated instead of the nice clean lines of a vector drawing I’ve done in Illustrator. Is there anyway of overcoming this as well as maintaining a solid black line, instead of the gradient sketch line I am currently gettting?

you could simply increase the resolution of your render image to increase the quality of the strokes. there is also a multiplier under the resolution settings that’s usually set at 50%. Set it to 100%.
the default settings for anti-aliasing are fine for most cases, but you could increase them also if you feel the need to. keep in mind, it will take longer to render your scenes.

The default line color for freestyle lines is black. if you’re getting gradients, it could be that you are using a line texture or perhaps a line color modifier of some sort. Remove any modifiers you may have under the color and alpha tabs.