Diablo/Borderlands Style Random Loot Drop System

Here is a quick demo of the basic movement, animations and most importantly/painstaking aspect to create thus far in my game project: The random loot and inventory systems.

These systems are 100% original and were created and are housed completely within the BGE. In this test I also show the equipping system, checking to see if the item equipment add/removes the equipped object to/from the player at the appropriate times.

Nice work :smiley:

are your ammo systems self contained? (do they extract data with add object - object[‘value’]=value?)

like the rocket gets it’s intensity from the gun?

I have a bunch of weapon designs to share if you want :smiley:

I made my own system for drawing weapons using a list,

so in theory you could have infinite weapons in your inventory.

My game, all guns “assemble” in a gun manager, (like metroid almost)

Thank you! This game will be a wilderness survival RPG, so for a large portion of the game, the player will be using melee weapons. I only have one item set up - the hunting knife shown in the video - there will eventually be some ranged weapons at higher levels and I plan on having the projectiles inherit certain properties from the gun - likely just damage and projectile speed at first. That weapons system you described sounds very cool and I’d love to see it if you have any videos/screenshots of it in action.

impressive, I look foward to more updates. :slight_smile:

This looks great! I love seeing cool little things like this.

this is in wrectified, :smiley:

I’m going to seriously recommend changing the name of your anti-gravity weapon, or at least spelling it differently in your icon. It can EASILY be misconstrued as “anti-gay” and that’ll wreck your game’s public perception.

yes, an anti-gay weapon launches you in the air… :smiley:

Hey this game is also looking awesome, in the recent video, was that a laser emitting from the gun? kind of like an infer red laser sighting? if so how did you make it! im interested in creating something like that for a boxing arena laser show in the game im building!!! :slight_smile:

wire / shadless with

always-----------and----------toggle prop

prop = true--------and---------visibility = On

prop = False--------and---------visibility = Off

also, if you take a object that is 1 unit long on a axis,

you can use

Ray------------------python

Diff =own.worldPosition-Ray.hitPosition

Dist = Diff.magnitude

Laser.localScale=(1,Dist,1)

this will scale the laser to the hitpoint,

I will try and get a demo up tonight,