Samsonov WIP

Decided to duplicate my work in progress blog here as well.
Here’s the project I am working on right now for blender market as well as for character creation improvement.
You can purchase it right now if you need a good male rigged basemesh (purchase).

The final goal is to create a complete production ready model, I mean: rigged, textured, shaded, with particle hairs, clothes and so on.
Hope you will like the thread!!

I apologize for my English for it may be not the best as it’s not my native language:)

latest pic:

Really nice model. The lip color is a bit too saturated though.

The only problem I see is this looks like Make Human program. So you really did not create this and Make Human is free to download. With Make human you can add all the textures rigging and import it into blender. Its is a fast way to make a human being with out all the true modeling. Notice the same outline on my human torch demo I did

I can guarantee that I created it by myself. Here is some more images of the progress.

You can also compare the topology (or check my main WIP, which is in Russian, but I think you will understand that I am not that sort of person, who claims work of others as my own), if you still don’t believe.

The simillar outline of the figure means nothing, because every silhouette of a well-fit man will look almost the same

Trying GPU SSS in Cycles.
Just diffuse and bump maps

it looks good but the tip of his nose appears to have a bit of a blackhead situation. maybe clone over it a little?

@@Modron: Yes. Probably will do that. It is still early texture work, so there will be changes anyway

Added specularity and roughness maps for the skin shader, made a basic material for the eyes.
A try to make a hair style, not the best:(
The color is a bit dark, so maybe you won’t even see it:)
Experimenting with lights. Found a set with a harsh front light which makes the skin material look more believable.
Completely forgot about eyelashes:(

That’s all I have now.
Haevn’t done eyelashes yet. It’s quite hard to make particle sustem work with rig.
Sculpted the whole body and added assymetry. Completed textures.

wow man, looks really nice.

Remaking hairs. Beard wtill doesn’t look right, especially шт the chin area.
Combined all the textures into one, fixed seams.
I’ll tweak hairs a bit more and then finally will be doing clothes:)

I am back!
I have prepared basemeshes for clothes to sculpt on. Thinking about how to approach rigging of this stuff. It’s clear that the same wrinkles in different poses don’t look realistic. Probably I will do it as it’s done in modern computer games (I actually still want to do the same with facial rig): create several sculpts with different wrinkles and mix them together depenging on pose via normal or displacement maps.
An also I am planning to do several outfits if I have enough time and patience:)

Sorry for not being consisten in posting here. I am busy with my study now
I’ve decided to step back from some big things and now do little ones. Iэму started with watch. It’s quite helpful to actually have them, because you’ll never find enough references from the internet. If someone cares, the model is casio edifice ef 339.
I have a rig too. It was quite simple with the wrist, but surprisingly arrow became a headache. It is a probem when you want three controllers for seconds, minutes and hours working correspondingly withous self-referencing in relations. The problem partially solved via delta transform of objects, though it’s not an optin with bones.
So, if anyone has a working example I would be glad to see it.
Anyway, here is the render:)

Here’s a small update

I’ve tested Marvelous designer. Quite an interesting and useful program. So I’ve made simple clothes. Though I prefer sculpting clothes by hands. These basemeshes will serve me as a 3d reference, which is obviously better than 2d images.
And watches are here too:)

Really amazing work. Well done. Do you plan to animate this character?

@@harishankar
Well, the body is rigged. When I finish with clothes and accesories I will rig them too. And I really want to try some simple animation like walk or run cycles, idles, etc., because I’ve never done it. It will be a great feeling, I hope, after all finally see you character live:)

Examination session is finally passed and it’s time to get back to blender!! So I continued making accessories: here’s shoes. Tomorrow I’m going to start sculpting clothes.

wow that is a really nice shoe.

Here’s pants. Don’t really like it:(
Looks way more convincing in the viewport

P.S. Is there a quick way to update thread thumbnail