Issue with images on planes, could you help me please ?

Hi, it would be nice if someone could help me please, I have created a feather (with look like more a leaf in fact but nevermind)
I used 2 ways, but the 2 have troubles !
1 the normal way I created a plan uv and put my pictures (png) in the image texture, put the alpha in the Fact of the Mix shader add the transparence white to the shader (1) and add the path from the texture image color to the shader (2)
At this point everything works, I even untick “shadow” of the object part, but when I copy my object here start the trouble, when I move the second plan slightly, the both interact each others and become a part transparence in place it shouldn’t, and when I add even more it create a black shadow where the alpha “blank-invisible” part should be !

I don’t know what I am doing wrong

1. I use the py add on “add > image as plane” still with Cycle , and I have the same kind of trouble, + even with shadow untick the light is partially blocked and it add a little shadow ! + every others trouble above !

I am not the best with textures, still learniing baby step by baby step, and there I am lost !

Help me pleeeeeeeeeaseeeeeeeeeee :frowning:

I’m trying to replicate this with a texture that has alpha background and I’m getting your desired result, I’m in 2.72. Your node set up looks fine and the shadow setting under ray visibility doesn’t produce the shadow of the plane only whats diffuse on the plane, even when stacked through multiple planes. However if the planes are on the exact same location, in my test case the z axis there is an issue where they interfere with each other. Check your transparency node to make sure its perfectly white, I dont know why it would have changed but thats the only thing I can think of that would let the planes transparent areas show up like that, as for the 2nd and 3rd picture I have no clue whats going on there. I’ll do some more testing and try to figure out other things.

Yeah, like Samuraishi said, check if the transparency node is 100% white and also try upping minimum Transparency bounces in the Render panel

Thank you very much it was indeed the Transparency max bound in render which wasn’t enough high (only 2) which created the dark trouble, you solved that part thanks, spend hour to solve alone one trouble without result, come and ask, have the trouble solved fast haha XD ! Thank you again !!! :slight_smile:
I still have the another trouble(the transparency where it shouldn’t) when 2 plans are on the exact same line and I am afraid because I would animate this part (wings) ! :x

I already modeled some feather with textures but I don’t really like what I did ; so I am trying this photoshop transparency texture !
Aaahhhh not easy, if everything work I could spend more time on better photoshop looking feather pictures ! :confused: