Eclipse Game log

Hello to all who may be reading this, this is day one of development of a game i will be making

Story line:

The game takes place in the year 2354. The earth has become inihabitable from nuclear war as result a group of 175,000 humans traveled in a ship called Domum Ventio. After 100 Years of traveling they traveled to a distant galaxy know as Atrum and were awoken from cryo to begin colonization on a planet 6th from is star, a red giant, the planet had 4 large body's of fresh water and 7 distinctive body's of land. The planet was know as Novo Mundo. After 1000 Years of developmen the colonist began the realize that their population was becoming to large for the planet and began to build Factory in orbit that would build star ships. After 2 years the first Star Ship was Built and 25,000 colonist traveled to a close planet that had many similarity's know as Duobus and three months later a second Star ship was built and traveled to a close planet know as Tribus, these planets were later referred to as the Triog. After 300 years with the planets flourshing the capital Novo mundo build space stations in orbit of the planets allowing anyone with the money to buy a small Space ship and travel to the other planets. After 500 years the Triog expanded to further solar systems and build warp gates that manipulated wormholes to allow smaller space ships to go between them. At this point in time it because easy for anyone to learn how to build the space ships and fly out and their own and discover new planets.

Please leave a comment telling me what you think about what i have for the intro story and any ideas you may have.

Now allow me to tell you a little about myself. I have been modeling in blender since the 2.49 release only playing around in the game engine every now and then but never anything serious, i also know almost nothing about scripting it’s one of the things that i have tried to learn but just can’t no matter how hard i try.

Q: Why a Space game?
A: I choose to do a space game because it has always been one of those subject i was very interested in and space is one of the things i know the most about.

Q: If you have been using blender for so long why do you choose now to make a game?
A: I feel that the BGE is finally up to the task, before the 2.7 update it was very hard to make something look very good but not kill your computer in the progress, with the LOD system i can now make the near object be high poly and the further objects be low poly

Day 2:

Since this game log will be covering each step of development i am including the design stage

so with that being said ill state some of the features i want for the game’s end result

- Single player story line
- Multiplayer
- Crafting system such as making the individual parts for your item and the putting those part together to make the end result
- Visit-able planets, meaning going from space through the atmosphere and then landing on the planet
- procedural generated galaxy
- harvest able asteroids
- resource stats
- resource spawning meaning a resource with X stats will only spawn for a certain ammount of time and only spawn once
- going with the crafting system the stats on the resources affect the end result of the item being made
- joystick and controller support

these are just a few things i have though of so far if you have any ideas please leave a comment

*** Moderation ***
moved from Game Engine Resources
because it is not a resource, but a project

Also, please don’t create more than one thread for the same project.

sorry that was an accident i did not see the message saying the post had to be approved and i dont know how to remove them so they are just there i want this one to be the one updated so any comments on the other 2 will not be read