Dark Elf (updated)

EDIT:

Some new renders… No big changes, just a different way of presenting the work. I hope now details of the model are more visibles

Here is a link to the full res version of the last one http://postimg.org/image/hmxr2ofs3/full/

Hi Guys,

This is my last work. All the base mesh and sculpting was done in blender, while for the fine details I used zbrush. For texturing I used a combination of 3dcoat and substance designer and then I rendered in cycles.

The model has a basic rig and I wanted to try to use some bvh to make a basic animation, but this is quite challenging so I put the thing in standby for the moment.

C&C are welcome! Hope you like it!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]341734[/ATTACH]

and here’s a turntable

Attachments

Wow, very nice! I love the atmosphere. :slight_smile:

Nice Job.
I feel like your shading and lighting work better on the turntable.

Excellent work, you used volume scatter for the volumetric lighting, how much time did it take?

thanks!

@Pieriko: about the shaders, I think the turntable looks better because of the moving of the light on the model which reveals all the details of the textures. Maybe I should find a light setup that enhance more their look in the still

@Little_Bernard: Actually the smoke is real smoke done with volume, but the rays you see are don in compositing using the new Sun Beam node, which works really good!

Awesome work!

cool elf, man.

thank you guys. Btw I am working on a completely different presentation of the model, as I understood that this render just doesn’t work… stay tuned :slight_smile:

Hi! I updated the first post with some new render! :slight_smile:

Love the updated renders! They look a lot better in my opinion. :slight_smile:

Hello, yes i agree the update is better, we can see a lot of details now, i like a lot.
this is impressive !!!

Great Elf, I really like the lightening.

Thank you for your comments, Im glad you liked it! :slight_smile:

Very good model, I really like the face too, I think what is missing is more work with eyelashes and eyebrows . New renders are much better than old ones.

nice model. love the effect of spectular propagation, really nice work. IMO eyes tint doesn’t match skin color, maybe consider more bluish color of eyes…

thanks for comments!

Yep I guess eyelashes could have been better, but they are not my best skill… I am still trying to find a way of doing convincing eyelashes.

About the color of the eyes, usually dark elves have red tone in the eyes… however I think is a matter of tastes here :slight_smile: Nonetheless I think also eyes needs to be improved, like the rest of the model! :slight_smile:

Someone played Morrowind big time here :slight_smile:
Great job!

played morro long time! :smiley: Thanks, glad you liked it! :slight_smile:

Really good! The skin texture/material need some work. Now it looks like it’s a toy or something made of glossy and a bit translucent rubber.

Excuse me there is some face on your sss