Artistic licence in regards to Slander,Libel and Parody

Alright, I’ll preface this by saying that in the course of my life and due to relation, I have lived though much that I would like to consider character research now.

And For anything that Might happen I have sufficient (and in some cases more official then I will admit to) documentation, home movies, emails ( BTW Pro tip, This is not a good medium to blackmail someone in) and the like that I doubt I would have to be to worried about being sued for making a false statement.

But I do try to err on the side of caution. So aside from changing names Abstracting the events somewhat and the like and much more research (and probable trip to check with a lawyer just to be safe) What all considerations Do I need to take into account to keep it legit when using the stuff the psychotic drama filled people in my life has done for inspiration?

“Based upon a true story, only names, places and events have been changed.” :slight_smile:

I can work with that, I’ll still check with a lawyer as the prudent thing to do. But lawyers tend to work best when you already half way know what is going on anyway (funny how that works out)