particle queston

I’m using a mesh and creating a particle system using groups. The particles are meant to be stationary.

All goes well in creating the particle system, but I needed to relocate the mesh and as soon as I did… the mesh was able to be moved… but the particles didn’t stay attached to the mesh.

Is there anyway to make them “stick” to the mesh if you have to make adjustments?

I have seen that when using an ‘emitter’ rather than hair. Specifically if I move the emitting object and don’t rebake it, the particles stay in their old stale positions. For stationary objects you should (And may be) use a hair system, that I have not seen leave particles behind. If you have subsurf on your emitting object do yourself a favor and put view and render both the value you plan on rendering at.

If you have subsurf on your emitting object do yourself a favor and put view and render both the value you plan on rendering at.

Hey thanks for the tip Photox…stop on by my WIP thread when time allows, I always welcome you input… or just stop by for a 3d drink :slight_smile:

I’ll definitely stop by, it’s pretty difficult to turn down a 3d drink. :rolleyes: