Sensei Orimasaru

A render I did a while back to test out a script I wrote to use curves as a means of generating hair systems, similar to Maya’s Hair system.

Based on an illustration by Dani Naimare.

This is cool :wink:

Very nice!

Very nice. Is there some way to get your plugin?

wonderful!!!

Really nice. I would like to know more about the hair technique.

Love that hair!

I love the subsurface scattering! Nice work

Love your work! major improvement to the original concept art.

wow cool one…

-Nita
www.weybec.com

Very nice render and design.

Thanks for the comments, everybody :slight_smile:

@CCTrevis - Not really, I haven’t put it on my bitbucket addons page or anything. I saw the HairNet addon and decided to reinvent the wheel, since I would understand how to use it better if I just wrote it myself :wink: You may as well check out the HairNet addon since it does virtually the same thing as my script, and probably more efficiently since it can use meshes directly.

@David McDermott - Basically, my script takes a selection of curves (I just joined all the curves into a single object and used that), creates a hair system and converts each spline to a new hair on that hair system. To get a dense set of curves, I just modeled a handful of beveled / tapered curves, converted the curves to meshes, removed the faces, converted the remaining edge loops back to curves, and used the new curves as the selection for converting to hairs.

I really love your style, The lightwork is just awesome.

sorry to dig this old post up. I like this hair. Currently, we have comb for hair, is it easy to comb hair like this?