Challenge #591 (10/17/14) Entries CLOSED

Theme #591 for Friday 17th of October 2014 is: failure

Entry closes at 22:30 GMT or 16:30 CST, Monday 20th of October 2014.

I could just post some of my earlier WEC’s entries to qualify for this weeks theme…:smiley:

this could be a broad topic, there is mechanical failure, structural failure, failure to signal while changing lanes etc.

already got mine going its looking good so far.

What if I post all my renders up? :stuck_out_tongue: they are all failures XD

@ bonrw1
CG is like art everyone that does it have different preferences.
one painting could look bad to one person and be great to another person.

“Nikon”

My entry, pure entry rendered in Cycles with some minor processing in Gimp.

The KEY

“Game Over”
Pure

I have been working on a little addon lately that converts image pixels to cubes and I have been testing it with video game sprites. When I saw the theme I immediately thought of this little scene!

“dating failure”
all blender 1000 samples
and one image texture its on the door
had to do a little sculpting too

was going to add more but i was working on this untill 3AM and i thought it was good enough for now.

Non competing entry: “typography failure”

Mostly trying to learn some python (or better typing some random things hoping will do something) to change some object properties, materials…not nearly as Zachman level.

edit: don’t zoom at full size or compression/artifacts will burn your screen pixels.

Full resolution: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Caught-489498447

Rendered in Cycles, some post-processing was done in Gimp.

Here is my entry, pure BI render, border and text in paint.net

Attachments

Lots of potential this weekend. Good job guys.

Burnt toast failure

okay, it’s a breakfast fail and the smoke is way too dense but I’ve run out of time for another render.

Here’s my entry for this week’s challenge:
“Failure Weekend” or “Burnt Weekend” not sure what name to choose.

Rendered in Cycles 300 Samples and later cleaned up with NeatImage Demo.

Here is my non-competing entry:

Failure to Ask the Grail Question

Inspired by the Fisher King and Perceval’s failure to inquire about the Grail, which is described nicely in this entry about Perlesvaus:

“The Fisher King does not suffer from being wounded; rather, he falls into languishment because Perceval failed to ask him the Grail Question (24). Perceval’s failure to ask the Grail Question has other consequences: Arthur becomes a feeble king (3-21), Britain’s lands turn to waste (2), and its kingdoms, along with its knights, war against each other (24). Not knowing the identity of the knight who caused him his suffering, the Fisher King awaits the arrival of a worthy knight to heal him by asking the Grail Question.”

Source: The Camelot Project
http://d.lib.rochester.edu/camelot/text/annis-the-fisher-king-essay-and-bibliography#perl

RobertT