Need help texturing for a school project (im new)

I’m working on a project for school, I’m making a modern looking house. The problem is when I render it looks pretty crappy and there are no textures. So my question is can anybody help me texture my house. I’m trying to get the house to look like this color wise:

What my render looks like:

Thank you to anyone that wants to help.
My Blend File:http://www.mediafire.com/download/2g7vadbcvu9q6eo/Modern_House.blend

how long before your project is due?

October 20th

I have been informed that the project is due on October 20th…well, it would be best for you to learn how to make the materials, but it’s hard to say if you have enough time in those 4 days. So, I would suggest signing up at blendswap, and using some of the materials they have available there. They have a big enough selection that you should be able to texture your house no problem.
(edit) oh and as for the graininess, just switch from preview to final in the render buttons

To be clear - even if you get acquainted with texturing in remaining time frame you will have severe problems with this model’s texturing and render caused by wild modeling.
Delete all box- type stuff leaving just simple planes using minimum of vertices and edges needed to get the shape done. Connect wall vertices and use Remove Doubles more than often. Separate logical elements like floor (leaving it as a simple plane) from protruding foundation parts. Try to use Ctrl-R loopcuts and I inset commands for the shapes and openings - you will get result faster and cleaner.
When it is all planes, connected and straightened (using snapping and scaling to 0 on appropriate axes) check normals (ctrl-n) and use Solidify modifier to give needed thickness to the shapes. Do not connect internal walls to the outside, leave them as separate objects.
Use U Unwrap-> Project from View on selected faces in orthographic view, get texture image ready and choose it in UV editor window dropdown, scale like you do in 3d view unwrapped faces in UV editor to place them on the image. Use simple node tree - Image Texture node -> Diffuse BSDF -> Material Output or just plain Diffuse node color (no texture image or unwrap needed then).

Since this is homework i guess tenants will still live in this; you have to repair and move on with your property…