Closing blender 2.72 - Windows 7 warning

Hello,

I always get a “Blender has stopped working” window after closing Blender 2.72 on Win7. It never happened with 2.71. Any idea where it could come from?

It comes from my user preferences that I kept from 2.71, but I don’t know what would trigger that.

Thanks.

Found it, it happens when VBOs is checked. Had to unable it :frowning:

Hello @chafouin, FYI this issue has already been noticed and raised up in the Blender Bug Tracker (T42166). Your’re not alone.

Nice to know they are on it. FWIW, I am having this error and do not have VBOs checked.

I reset my preferences in hopes that something weird just carried over, but no luck.

It just started for me with the new 2.72 builds. I had been using up to 2.71 without the issue. (Win 8.1 here)

Hello guys, as I’ve reported today in the above referenced bug ticket, the current official Blender 2.72b doesn’t crash anymore with the VBO enabled but it crashes on exit with the daily builds downloaded from the b.b.o… I’m running Blender 2.72b 64bit (ZIP version, no Windows installation) on Win7 Pro sp1 in a controlled and closed environment (as I described in bug ticket T42159). Give the official 2.72b version a try and check if it still crashes on exit on your platform with VBO enabled.

Can confirm here. Buildbot version has been causing me troubles, but just grabbed the official 2.72b and it all seems to be working here.

As I stated before, I don’t have VBO’s enabled, but I was getting the crash before. Just thought this was worth mentioning if the problem hasn’t been fully sorted out yet.