That head, I'm sure its blender not Unreal?

Ack, just reliased this might not be the best forum, can it be moved to a more appropriate one please :slight_smile:

It’s made in blender but rendered in UE4.

Thanks for the clarification. Its quite a “remembered” head from my time on here ages ago and I seem to recall its the head of the person that created it?

It’s Lee Perry Griggs’s head and it’s a 3D scan. It is a popular model for all kinds of demonstration because it is in the public domain but it has nothing to do with Blender.

Edit: Have to correct myself, it’s not Lee Perry Griggs but Lee Smith.

No it’s not. It’s the Stanford Buddha of SSS renders.

~(for the google lazy) the stanford buddha is another 3d scan that turns up in a lot of test render images.

Wow, for the longest time (well till now actually) I thought it was done by a Blender user of themselves… I seem to recall it started to be used around the time cycles was being (had been?) introduced on these forums, or did I just imagine that as well as making the wrong assumption of its origin?

Hah, turns out I got my Lees mixed up, the head scan is not of the Griggs but of the Smith variety.

Anyone happen to have the Lee Perry-Smith head we can download? The original download page is dead. I’ve got a retopo’d version, but not the original high res scan :frowning:

Moved from “Latest News” to “Blender and CG Discussions”

Yeah, thanks for the correction. But actually, the point I tried to put across is that UE is for rendering the assets, not creating them.

ha ha. yeah. this generation teapot and dragon.