Old and New

This piece has been on the slow burner. I’ll add an object here and there, and then it just sits around for awhile. I wanted to show a few renders and get some feedback. I am going to push it in a more dramatic direction, I’m just not sure exactly what. One idea is a peacock feather pen that stands out right on the desk. There is no compositing yet, and I’m still experimenting with lighting. Each render has a slightly different lighting setup.

Shot #1:

Shot #2:

Shot #3:

Edit delete, edit:delete, edit:Delete

The globe is great, I think You should “play” with the roughnes values on the globe and on the wood of the chair.

well, the models are super. you could add add a texture to the roughness to gain even more realism. (wood of the globe). only thing to improve is the lightning. A strong sun light for example.

@juanrev, thanks, I am going to mess around with the wood shaders, they look too plastic

@SirNik, how are you man? Thanks. I plan on going over all the materials again, and adding roughness grunge maps. I still can’t decide what kind of lighting I want I’ll need to do some more experiments.

I’m fine. currently working on my last project till I have a 5 month blender break :frowning:

I usually light my interior scenes only with a hdr map. A night scene would also be interesting. like on the second shot, but with more contrast and shadows.

5 month blender break? What’s that all about?

As a guy from Switzerland I have to do my military service now. So not much time for blendering.

I see, well that’s too bad. Best of luck, when you do start?

How did I miss this? Well done. I love how you did the carpet, looks top notch. Can I ask how you did the tiffany style lamp…curious from both a modeling and texturing standpoint?

In shot #1 it seems the chair may have a little too much gloss, but then on other renders it doesn’t seem that way.

thank you. I’ll start on the 27. october. I hope I manage to finish my project till then. :slight_smile:

@SirNik, we all wish you the best, and will look forward to your return in a few months.

@Harleynut, Thanks.

The carpet I wish I could say is complex bump and particles, but , er, it’s pretty much just an image texture from cgtextures. I took it into photoshop and added some noise. Now the edges that is a hair system, and I think that helps sell it a lot.

The lamp is all modeled, I topo’ed the floral design onto the “shell” I need to work on thenodes the the lamp to get it looking really nice. Right now there is a copper shader, the yellow/orange lampshade which is mixed with tranparency using a textured mask. And then the dark metal lines surrounding the floral patter, and then the floral glass shader.

I made each piece using a single reference image, and just used it as a baseline, not wanting to reproduce it exactly but simply as a guide.

I can decide whether to do a whole room, or just focus on what I have here.

Some more on the lamp:

It seems that the globe is exceptionally mirror-like. Most globes seem to be made of paper or card on the exterior…Yours seems to be made of glass. I would agree with an earlier comment about playing with the roughness setting on it. As it is it looks neat, but strange.