Separation Anxiety

Inspired by those moments when we genuinely feel lost; and by my undying love and appreciation for nature.

Here’s a very short video of the Breakdown:

More info at: http://bit.ly/1w1aTjp

I would highly appreciate your thoughts and comments. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Attachments

Beautiful compositing, and an interesting theme. I’m curious on if you used ivy addon or sapling or something else. Just FYI, the hirez link gave me an access denied message.

Dang near perfect. So well done. My only observation is that the background fights the points of interest. You have really really nice lighting on the vine person, but it becomes lost in the green blurred background. The face, the hand and the elbow all fall on top of bright, nearly the same tone green and get lost. If the background was slide one way or another and those points sat on top of black I think they’d stand out just that much more. My two cents. Again, really great work.

pretty awesome work.

Visually and artistically very pleasing work, not to mention the top notch technical quality. The gently reaching hand, even though it a bit blends in the background is just so livelike.
That brings me to the title, to me the being looks like it’s reaching into something, more than clinging on afraid of letting something go. Also the mood to me looks more eager and positive about future, instead of anxiety. Just a thought that came to mind, I guess the title can be interpret in various ways :slight_smile:

Absolutely sublime! The only critic I could have is that the black and white background on the right is not easy to understand and ditracts a bit from the subject. Maybe color dispersion in postpro is a bit overused too.
But anyway, it is wonderfull, congrats.

This is really cool :wink:

Wow! Awesome! Like what people said above, the background blends in with the main object, maybe desaturate the background a bit?

Keep up the good work :slight_smile:

5 stars man!!!
Stunning realisation, love it.

Great image. I think what would make it a really great image is changing the background. A waterfall and stones or something similar with a blue color would be cool.

As always you’re making us dream with your skills… It’s wonderful, as always. I’m jealous. Keep up the good work Reynante!

Very interesting as usual.

Awesome work, love the composition!

Thanks! I did used the Ivy Generator Addon to generate the ivies. It took a lot of experimentation to get the forms night, plus they can be pretty cumbersome for my machine to handle. But I’m glad it worked out quite well in the end.

Sorry about the link, my backend doesn’t seem to allow hotlinking. You can check it on the main page though.

Thank you so much, sir! I really appreciate you providing a constructive and helpful feedback. :slight_smile:

Absolutely! There are a plethora of ways to interpret this and I definitely love how you’ve seen it. Cheers!

A truly touching image, reyn. The creature look so detailed and fragile, I scarcely want to breathe to avoid damaging her. It’s great to see you continually trying new things and forging your own path. Well done!

Thanks, James! That is quite an interesting way of looking at it. :slight_smile:

Beautiful.

5 stars

Excellent render and composition! The title is very fitting as well. Keep it up!:yes:

One word…BEAUTIFUL!
I love how you got inspired. Great Job

Wow. that is beautiful. Love it.