sdighe - Sketchbook

It’s about time I make one of these. I don’t usually do little projects that often, mostly just high-detail cars and planes, but I want to get more into it so I thought I’d make one of these as motivation :smiley:
I’ll start off with a low-poly 787 I made awhile ago:

And here is a C-130 I made awhile ago too. The motion blur on the props turned out weird though…

great lighting. model fits very well in each composition :slight_smile: good job !

Nice job, don’t know why but I’m seeing this sketchbook grow with some awesome models soon…

I like the composition of both of them, although the materials aren’t as good as some of your most recent models.

Definately

Thank you all, you’re too kind :slight_smile:
Here’s the result of an hour or two of modelling (and way too much time rendering!)

Very niice!! i’m a huge VW fan and I can say you did justice to the good old Camper! Job well done.

Looks decently good, not my favourite car, but you did make it look quite nice. I might be wrong, but I looks like your wheel is just a plain diffuse shader.

Very niice!! i’m a huge VW fan and I can say you did justice to the good old Camper! Job well done.

Thank you :smiley:

Looks decently good, not my favourite car, but you did make it look quite nice. I might be wrong, but I looks like your wheel is just a plain diffuse shader.

Thanks! The wheels actually had a modified car paint on them.

Nothing very excitingly good yet here, but I thought I’d archive my first feeble attempt at rendering in Indigo. I simply brought in a bunch of materials from the online library and slapped them onto an old Bimmer of mine.
Perhaps once I get the hang of Indigo you will finally start seeing some quality renders here!
But for now:

A look at a Silvia S13 I’m working on, despite the many projects I have seemingly abandoned :spin:
More to come!

Nice job! I wish I could model cars, I’m just so bad at that kind of modeling.

some quick critiques (you’ve probably already noticed most of them):

1. the part where the hood and the top side part look like they are combined and just have a sharp crease.
  2. There isn’t enough contrast between the foreground and the background. A white car should probably be on a darker gray background, while a black or darker colored car should be on a lighter background.

Thanks for the critique, its always appreciated!
I will look into fixing the problems you highlighted, and I’m also trying out different colors so the white on white thing will be fixed as well.

More stuff I’ve been working on…

A now finished Nissan Silvia S13

And a low-poly MAC-10!