w

i cant attach facial bones to the head mesh properly. This is what happens when i click on set to parent to automatic weighting

Normals are pointing out and all modifiers were applied
im using 2.71 version

how do solve this problem?
is this because i have vertex groups from the weight painting?

alt g, alt r everything to clear location rotation. Move bones in pose mode to see what ones are causing the trouble. Is there more then one armature modifier?
nothing should move no matter how much weight painting, if the bones are at rest pose.

now its fine. i used bone envelope but the problem is that the neck/throut kind of wants to follow the head /headbone. Then i go to weight painting by clicking the head bone in pose mode and then clicking the mesh and then i swich to weight paining but now i see that the whole mesh is colored blue. i don’t want it to be cartoonist though

you may have to post a file for us to look at to know for sure…

however…

all modifiers were applied

you shouldn’t have to apply all your modifiers to make the Armature work properly… did you “apply” the Armature modifier?

is this because i have vertex groups from the weight painting?

Armatures normally work with vertex groups… did you do an automatic weight option when you Paranted your Mesh to your Armature?

now its fine. i used bone envelope

when you turn on bone envelope and turn off Vertex Groups (this done in the Armature Modifier Box) Then in this instance the Armature stops using the vertex Groups… If both options are checked… then both options get used… so your using both the envelopes and your using the vertex groups together to influnce what is being used to deformed the mesh…

Looking close at your Picture above… I suspect that your may have a bone flipping issue…
which means you need to check to see that all your bones are properly aligned in edit mode…
to do this you need to turn on bone axis visablility…