Problem with mesh as light source in cycles

I’ve been working on some scene until I stumbled upon a problem with light. I modelled a simple lamp and made part of it as a light source, I set strenght that is good for my scene bat now lamp is just white and really stands out. How can I change that it won’t look that bad or maybe is there way to render only light casted by it but not mash itself. Here is a picture:

Yeah, mesh light is a pipe dream especially when it comes to animation. Your best bet is to use a low emit value, to maintain your emit color, then add a companion Lamp to the scene as well to accomplish the main lighting.

Use separate shaders for the camera and secondary rays. Tweak the camera shader to get the art direction that you want, and tweak the other shader to cast the light that you want.

I don’t really understand how to do this, is there any kind of tutorial on how to do stuff like that. And also will it work for animation?

I did something like that:

It looks much, much better. Thanks m9105826! And sorry for double post but it takes soooo long for post to be accepted