A park and two houses

I uploaded it before, but I think it should be finished now. However, I do need constructive criticism on this one.

Why does it not look photoreal to me? I can’t really point it out what specifically makes it unrealistic. But it just doesn’t feel right compared to photoreal settings :frowning:

EDIT: Dit a little change to the compositor, not the render itself:

It’s probably just me, but…

• The lighting seems to be a bit off, as in too bright.
  • The windows, are they modelled, or are they just textures. It seems to be a mixture of both.
  • Did you add a little specularity / reflectivity to ALL the textures. Because everything reflect light, even if you cannot see the reflection.

But as I said, it’s probably just me.

[Edit] Almost forgot, do you have a photo of the original that we can compare it too.

Hi, and thanks for a reply.

1. Re-check my OP, I altered the post-comp of it.
  2. The windows are modelled entirely.
  3. There is no reference photo as such, but the two houses can be seen seperately here:

It’s a lot better after that change.

I think you’ve almost got it with that.

Well the one with the darkest wood must to have less saturation on the wood and the other must to have a darker color on the wood too, thats what I think. The tiles are too perfectly accommodated, You can make some changes on them.

Maybe You must to make the tiles larger and more elongated, it is looking good by the way.

Very nice! Quite photorealistic.

What’s become of this? I thought it was sensational! I’d add some variation to the color of the grass - I know it’s supposed to be well kept but different tones still find their way in. This is a really well-earned good work!

Thanks. I didn’t think about that, that the grass needs different tones. Next time I make something with grass in, I will try and incorporate more different types of grass.

I really love this image, the detail and just feeling of it is fantastic. i took the liberty of just adusting the curves a tiny bit though just to give it a bit more kick, it’s more to my personal taste though, on a very non calibrated screen.
Only critique is perhaps it could use a person or to hidden sublity away in there, and maybe add a lattice modifier to the roof to give it a bit of sag etc so it’s not quite so perfect.
here’s curve edit and adjusted image.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]344174[/ATTACH]

I think it’s the sky/clouds. I don’t know, it’s like they’re painted on a single plane in the air at a skewed angle, if you know what I mean? They just don’t look right? :confused:

I like the scene otherwise though, very calming!