TheForest

After doing many trees tests with Vray for Maya and studying How plants behave ,I decided to make this scene .

Attachments

This is cycles or You just made the model in blender? wow thats a nice place.

This is very impressive. There are two problems that catch my eye though…

Firstly, the river’s waves look a bit extreme. Making them more subtle would, in my opinion, calm the scene down even more and make it look like it’s gently flowing rather than building up for a storm.

The other problem is the plants near the front look a bit like fake plastic plants. Playing with the gloss settings and maybe adding a bump map to it could fix this. They just look too smooth and rubbery.

Other than those two points - which were really harsh - this is awesome. Thank you for sharing! :slight_smile:

This is pretty good. I agree with Wireheadking on all of his points, but I also think the rocks on the side look too uniform and the banks look to steep.

The colors and shading are all really great. A very peaceful scene. I agree with the crits made so far. I’d also add that the river itself looks almost too straight to be naturally made. Of course, if manmade is the look you’re going for, you’re there. Maybe reduce the number of boulders near the edges and add just a few in the stream itself. Maybe a little debris (a leaf or two?) floating on the water surface would also help sell the look. Otherwise, great nature scene. These are tough to get looking right and I’d say you’re nearly there.