Rigify BUG when "Apply Pose as Rest Pose"????

Hi there!
Why do appear those long lines when I “Apply Pose as Rest Pose” on Rigify Addon??

It´s a bug, isn´t it?

Those are the visibility aids for the IK pole targets which have gone haywire. The lines are actually four bones with a single edge custom bone shape applied to them and a Stretch To constraint to stretch them to the pole targets. They need to be reset but it’s easy to do.

Their select toggles are off but you can select them in the outliner anyway.

With the armature in Pose Mode go to the Outliner and click on the names listed below one at a time and click the reset button in their Stretch To constraint panel in Properties > Constraints (icon looks like a bone and chain) > Stretch To.

Vis-upper_arm_pole.ik.L
Vis-upper_arm_pole.ik.R
Vis-thigh_pole.ik.L
Vis-thigh_pole.ik.R

You’ll find them in the outliner under rig > pose > root. They’re the only ones that have their (select on/off) arrow icons turned off (greyed out). Edit: Oops they’re not the only ones greyed out but there are not many.

It’s a common issue that happens in any rig I think. I don’t know if a bug that can be easily squashed or not. Probably not since it has been prone to this behavior for a long time now. Surely it’s been reported (I don’t know).

-LP

Let me write this in capital letters, THANK YOU Larry!!

BTW They can be found faster filtering them by name. ;D