Modern House With Pool Deck

Hey guys, here is a modern house that I made. I first started this project a few months ago. The result wasn’t that good. There was noise and fireflies everywhere. But just recently I decided to make a revised version of it. So here it is! Any critiques you have feel free to leave them!

dem pool chairs doh.:wink:

Very nice! Although I would like to see people in the house. I feel it would make it more inviting.

Good result! I would make the water more transparent and less reflective. In the tutorial Andrew only uses a glass shader, you can try to add a transparent shader and set the mix shader factor to approx 0,1. this gave in my opinion loads better pool water.

I also got shit loads of noise when I did this project, it ended up with me using Gleb Alexandrovs compositor trick on Blender Cookie.

Thanks for the reply! I try to do the water less reflective and more transparent and see what that looks like! I have never modeled a human before so I’m not sure if I want to do that! :slight_smile:

let me know how it goes!

great render.

two things to improve: the lights behind the plants outside are waaaaaaaay to strong. and lights inside are to dark. It could be that the glass-shader darkens the light, then replace it with a transparent shader since you can’t see any refelction here anyway.

I used a ies lamp to make the lights behind the plants and when I turned down the strength of it it didn’t make a difference. I’m not sure how to fix that. I’ll see what it looks like with the glass transparent! Thanks for the reply!

Very nice.
What is the black thing in the top left corner though?

It is a plant that is very close to the camera. It’s supposed to be like a frame to make the focus on the house! :slight_smile:

You have to set the strenght while importing, or else try the different formats you can import the lamps. It should be possible, and I wouldn’t miss that

The house look nice, I think the artificial lights outside are too strong and the tree at the right side have lot of saturation of color.

Thanks everyone who replied its very much appreciated! I will change the strength of the lamps! And try some of your suggestions!! :slight_smile: