joining mesh parts

I bought a mesh model made up of many parts i used control J to join them all but when i animate with an armature they seperate where they should be joined. I thought joining them made them into one solid mesh, am I doing it wrong or is there a better way to do this so there is no seams that can pull apart?

is there a way to blueprint the mesh model I have and make a new one out of one solid mesh object?

Moved from “Blender Artists Website Support” to “Modeling”

Ctrl+J only makes the various meshes contained within a single object. You need to connect the meshes yourself. You could attempt to use booleans, but doing it manually is generally the best way to go.

I think that if you want to have a single “solid” mesh, not deformed by bones,etc…you can remove the vertex groups that control the parts that don’t need to move.

i take it there is no way to recreate the mesh model so that it is one solid unit? is there some kind of blue prinint or something that can be done so that i end up with an exact replica except one solid mesh?

ok how do i do that? i am new to blender so I hav no clue how i would stitch a pannel in say a hole I want to pug up is there a tutorial on doing that any where ?

if you end up merging vertex to vertex, using some of the automerge and snapping really helps to speed the workflow. You will have all your parts joined up -