Unwanted Distortion of Cube

So, I have a (Minecraft) rig I’m trying to get working, and when I rotate the head armature too far, the head begins to become distorted to the point where it is no longer the intended cube. Is there a way to prevent this distortion? I know it’s possible, as somebody else’s rig that I have downloaded has no distortion, though I’ve looked through several armature options to see what I could add to prevent this.

Screenies:
Regular, how I want it to look, a cube, etc.

I know that I’ll probably never have cause to rotate the head this far, but it seems like it would be slightly distorted no matter where I move it, and this bugs me. This is the most noticeable example.

And, here’s my rig:
MinecraftBasePlayerModel.blend (881 KB)

Thanks in advance for any help given. :smiley:

it has weight from another bone. looks like you parented many objects to one mesh. Just parent the cube to the bone after you unapparent it from the rig.

Ya, in weigh paint mode you can see that ChestBone is showing influence on the head object. Remove that influence.

“many objects to one” rig not mesh. I can’t write.

So, basically just remove the influence from ChestBone (which I didn’t see)? Thanks for the help! :smiley:

Sorry, I’m a total n00b (that’s noob with two zeros!) at blender, so I have no idea what I’m doing. Is there any particular reason many objects is bad…? I’m genuinely curious and want to improve. :smiley:

EDIT: Oh, nvm, you’re not complaining, just fixing a spelling thing. Whoops. :stuck_out_tongue: