What graphics tablet should I use for Blender and related programs?

I am relatively experienced with Blender, and I use it and other programs like Gimp and Unity3d regularly. I know many people use a graphics tablet to speed along their modeling and such, and I was wondering which one would be the best. I am a fan of the Wacom products, and I know that they are used for drawing, but are they good for modeling as well?

Does anyone have a good graphics tablet to recommend?

I’m a professional graphic artist and have used a big Wacom tablet for what seems like forever. While learning Blender I made a good collage try with the tablet but it doesn’t really work well. I can do it but it’s a bit clumsy. I’ve been doing some research on this and there are 3D mice available ( http://www.3dconnexion.com/ is one) but they’re a bit pricey. Several folks have suggested various mice that incorporate a ball. You can use the mouse conventionally and program the ball to operate the 3D view or model rotation. There’s also the possibility of using two mice concurrently. One is used in the conventional manner while the other is used in the other hand and again, either spins the 3D view or rotates the model. With 3D becoming more popular I’m disappointed that there’s not more discussion on this.

I have an intuos 3 A5 and it is perfect with blender !

I find tablets are good for sculpting and painting but not much else.

Moved from “General Forums > Blender and CG Discussions” to “Support > Technical Support”