Making Rigid Body + Clothes?

So, I’ve been experimenting with the Physics of Blender lately and my newest project makes extensive use of it, see, I’m trying to put physics into a Naruto Headband, for those who don’t watch anime, it is composed of cloth sheet with a metal plate on the middle of it, that, obviously goes around the head.

So, I want it to render it as it was falling to the ground, I can get to animate the cloth but not the metal plate and I seriously don’t know how to make those 2 work together.

Here’s a pic of what I’ve been doing, just the Pre-render.

Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated, I can upload the .blend file too.

First thing I guess is to look at cloth pinning. If the cloth and plate are separate objects as they appear to be, you would need to pin the vertices around the metal so that they are not calculated in the cloth sim, then parent those vertices to the plate somehow.

The plate should be able to use rigid body dynamics if you wanted, but I haven’t tried a combination like this. Good idea to post your blend so others can have a poke around.

Good luck.