Problems with a brick wall

I’m doing a nice render for a monster truck and i wanted to have it smashing through an english stone wall, but i’m having some troubles with the physics sim. I made a physics model of the truck that matches the pose of the highpoly truck, with the idea of baking the physics sim to animation. Problem is the dummy model refuses to collide with the wall

I’ve been looking at every tutorial and piece of documentation i can find. I’ve been up for more than 24 hours straight to get this done so i gotta be missing something obvious, but the points i see stressed are that the objects have to be really big to work properly, they have to be heavy, and for anything with an armature/parent you have to check deform, dynamic, animated and deforming, as well any other settings you want. Currently my truck is 5 stories tall, weighs 15 tonnes and has all the boxes checked but won’t collide with the wall.

When playing the animation it chugs as it should which means the calculations are going on. I’d really like to just brute force it and i know i’m probably missing something from being up for so long, but this is a school project and the deadline is coming right up. Including render time i don’t really have much working time left so i gotta ask for help. The wall itself does jitter and explode but as long as the truck pushes through it it’ll be the result i want. The render frame is pretty late in the hit so the paths of the stones aren’t really important provided they’re even loosely right

so yeah, anyone mind lending a hand?

Are your truck proxies linked to original in some way? Try to bake it’s animation and disconnect all parts so they are all under world hierarchy and have each own per-frame baked animation. Good luck! =)

No it’s on its own rig. the original truck has a single pose with no animation at all. I animated the dummy model to where the truck would’ve gone if it were actually moving. I did duplicate the rig and deleted all the bones that weren’t being used. I just kept the main root, frame control and the differential bone to control the diff and wheels accurately, but beyond that they have literally nothing to do with each other

You could try a custom-build with the fracture-modifier inside. Because its a modifier you are able to change settings (constraints, shards, breaking-conditions, etc) on the fly.
This project is still in development, but works fine!