Lionhardt WIP thread

Been working with Blender for about 6 months now on-and off (with a few… 8 years of goofing around with 3d stuff), and finally feel confident enough to begin a project. Here is a character I have made in the past week, unrigged (including some hair physics) as of yet except for ear and eye widgets. I’m going for a “Jimmy Neutron”-esque stylization because of my own predilection for the it, and to save on render time. It’s amazing how a few simple things can really make a character pop… like eyebrows :smiley:

Some revisions to the character, resulting in a blue and white outfit to contrast the red-brown hair. Basic rig is almost complete: legs and hair need riggig, textures are finished for now.

A character I created to experiment with a few things, including parenting bones to custom-shaped widgets (can’t figure out rigify, but I’m enjoying paint weights). Complete except for textures. Setup includes limb IK, eye focus control and dynamic jiggly hair… and a big movement widget.

And finally the beginnings of some soldier-type things. They will be obscured for the most part by smoke and such, so the basic shape is what really matters.

Project is due on the 22nd… I may have bitten off more than I can chew. :yes:

Finished rigging the catgirl character. Plugged in some CCBy assets by AlKoponen to see how it fit:

A Lovely contrast, similar to cell shaded animation, no?

Today is the deadline for this little project, and I did finish it. I suppose for the final project for my class I’ll be expanding on this. The town and the planes I got from the google 3d warehouse, from users “LordGood” and “Sletch2003” (respectively), which I used simply to save time, and intend on making my own eventually. The characters and airship are all mine :3

So, onward to pictures!

The HMAS (His Majesty’s Air Ship) “Narwhal”, named that because of the way the Bowsprit sticks out.

Inverse kinematics is my friend.

That sky was difficult to get right :confused:

So… completed animation. Again, the town and the planes I got from the google 3d warehouse, from users “LordGood” and “Sletch2003”. Using this to get the gist of animation.

A WIP of a new set piece, a blacksmith shop using a few CC0 assets I found.

And a re-worked face rig and more detail. Going for an action figure look for the characters.