Cold Dark Mirror - Update Oct 5 2014 - Almost Finished

I’m almost finished production on my third feature animated film (and first Blender film…) Cold Dark Mirror.

Production has been steady over the last couple months. I’ve completed main animation production 2 weeks ago, with a few shots that need to be refined and reworked, but the basic film is there, just a bit unpolished. I’ve been writing the soundtrack (using Reaper audio DAW and Miroslav Philharmonic Orchestral plugin…)

So now I have a mostly finished film… missing sound effects… but the film score is there and the visuals are locked down. And it’s in stereo 3D. I hadn’t watched it in full 3D all the way through, so that was a special treat to finally get to that point.

So stay tuned for updates to the project. Once I get closer to a final release date I’ll post info on where it will be available. I’m leaning towards VHX.com for initial release of this film, as well as film festival submission, at least to the ‘cool’ film festivals (that is to say, film festivals who don’t think too overly high of themselves… :wink: )

I’m making this film entirely by myself, working in Blender for all aspects of the production pipeline. A major thank you to my cast of voice actors whose performance has really carried the project to where it is now. This kind of filmmaking is the future of film, “personal cinema” created by the “Uberector” as M Dot Strange has called it. :RocknRoll: Blender makes it possible for anyone to make an animated film. Surprising that there isn’t that many … yet.

Is there anywhere that we might go to get a few more details about the story and such?

You can watch the teaser trailer here:

and visit my production blog: http://archondefender.blogspot.com