Adding a diamong sparkle

I’ve made a logo with a diamond in it, but I’m looking for some tips on how to add a sparkle / twinkle to the diamond.

I tried the Blender Render engine stars but that didn’t give satisfactory results.

Has anyone done something similar and willing to share tips?

well, 3 things

1. lighting - this is how you will get the highlights you want, tweak it real-time in rendered mode to see where they hit

2. material - try out a proper diamond material with dispersion. People have made node setups for this, search the forum

3. compositor - try the glare node

That mesh looks like it has internal faces. That’s going to cause shading errors.

The mesh is from the Extra Objects -> Gemstones add on. It probably creates the internal faces. Is there a way to remove them?

That mesh does not by default have any internal faces, so if you haven’t done anything to it there shouldn’t be any.

It’s very hard to give advice in the absence of any information about the thing we’re advising on. We don’t know what your mesh actually looks like, we don’t know what your material setup is, your environment/background, your lighting, nothing. It’s best to provide that information, either by supplying screenshots of all those things or more simply by posting your .blend file.