Cycles Sample stop at 40

Probably I messed the rendering setting, but don’t understanding why sampling stop at 40 when launch a rendering, independently by the value I given in Sample setting. Also I have 6 tiles and not one when rendering and the rendering is very slow… Any idea about?

Impossible to answer without the file.

Cheers, mib

There are two values in “Sampling” Render and Preview.

The “Preview” value is how many samples you get when you use the viewport shading mode “Rendered”.
The “Render” value is how many samples you get when actually rendering an image.

Not sure if this was the problem.

You can override the render ‘Samples’ on the render layers tab, on a per render layer basis. May be you change the value to 40 on this tab.

Solved. Recently one of my VGA died (RIP dear 460), I didn’t cage the setting on my userpreferce because my rendering card was the other (a 580), cecking the user preference under cuda DEvice nothing was selected, so cycles use CPU. Selecting the correct device make all correct, indeed cycles didn’t use the GPU when rendering but I didn’t notice. Only I cannot explain why the samples stop at 40 and I had 6 tiles (like my processor cores) and not one (maybe because on render tab GPU was selected?)