text object size

They say a picture speaks louder than words, so here we go:

Text in game-mode is not the same size as in edit-mode.
Is there a way to fix this?
I have tested with other fonts and got same results.

btw. I’m using Blender 2.71 on Linux

Not that I know. I usual play with the size until I get the results I want (in-game indeed).

I been doing that, but my inventory-scene alone have more than 100 text-objects, and changing the font means having to re-scale them all one by one :frowning:

But it’s nice to know that I’m not the only one having this problem.

The difficulties of trying to work with Blender’s text objects made me switch over to the BGUI. I would recommend doing so if you’re comfortable setting up your UI in Python.

Alternative you can use Bitmap Font objects. The downside is … it does not support uni-code and you need to prepare an according texture (which is not that difficult).

I’ll most likely be using BGUI (or something similar) for my next project, but converting my existing project is quite a task, so I hoped there was a way to fix it.

As quick fix you might check if the corrective scaling is always the same.

Then select all font objects in scene and scale them all in one step. (I do not know if there is an option to select by object type.)

Corrective scaling ?
sorry if this is a"noob" question, but what is corrective scaling, and where do I check it?

Can’t you scale them all at once? Perhaps you can loop into the scene objects through python and scale only text objects…

I just tried this, wrote a script that loops through all objects that have the “Text” game-property and resizes them, but for some reason the smaller text-objects react different than larger text-objects, quite confusing…

Did you “apply scale” to all Text objects before running the script?

Yes.

I think I found the problem… when I originally scaled my text-object’s, I just scaled them as I do with “normal” objects (S + mousemove), but my script use the font-size, so even thou I have scaled a text-object to half it’s size, the font-size is still 1.0

Don’t know if this makes sense to anyone else?

It makes sense :).