armature modifier not working.

work on blender 2.70a
not working 2.71 and 2.72

Attachments

kemik.blend (508 KB)

working under version 2.71 only.

I think this is related to my bug (see thread above) - armatures with child meshes that worked fine in 2.69 have stopped working for me in 2.71 and 2.72

It work if you set any animation to armature. Even one shot ‘null’ zero length animation with any one keyframe for any bone.
I thinking it related new multithreaded skinning, whith kives amazing boost our game (may shown dozens characters) by the way.
Seems the skinning process not started if any animations not exists. Developers may think (no animation, no skinning needed)
I have few raported animation bugs with 2.72, but not answering yet.
This bug may have different source than mine?

Giving the amature a one frame animation and playing it made it work - so I think you’re right. It also changed the mesh from flat to smooth shading, which is not what I need! I’m going to post a bug and revert to 2.70a (which works)

Thank you!

If you switch the skinning method from BGE to Blender (in the animation panels), the solid shading works and the animation will still play.

Ah, BGE mode seems make autosmoothing, not noticed that, all my game characters was smooth normals allready.
I don’t know, what are they differences. I quess BGE has some optimization to speed.

Anyway they never worked (bad messes with shapekeys).
It was raported years ago.