Finished sculpt so what to do next?

I’m very new to Blender, only have been using it for a month or so. I just finish a sculpt of an arm I want to use later for rigging/animation. I have it sent to multi-res 4. I’ve finished the sculpt, but I don’t know what to do next with it. I’ve watched a lot of videos on sculpting but they never say what to do after you finish.

I’ve seen something about baking, but not really sure what that does. I can also just hit the apply button but then that makes my mesh in edit mode have so many faces. So what would I do next with this.

Again I will be rigging this and getting into animation. Also of note, only the arms are sculpted. The rest of the image is just normal mesh.

Attachments

Show a screenshot of the geomtry in edit mode, or wires. If the topology is good the next step is usually to bake various maps, with a normal map being one of the important ones. You would bake them from multires 4 to multires 0, 1. You then rig the arm using the low poly version, and use the normal map to fake the high detail within the material.

I’d say the topology/wires are very basic. All most all the detail is from the sculpt.

I’d say the topology/wires are very basic. All most all the detail is from the sculpt.
If you want to rig and animate it then there can be good ‘basic’ topology or bad ‘basic’ topology

Here’s the wire frame. As you can see most of the detail is from the sculpt.

Attachments