My car model and...

All problems with my modeling, people and so on.
I don’t change axis like local or world but, I didn’t think it matters when your in ortho view? should I learn more about 3d space to improve my models and topology? anybody know of any good tuts for this world axis, local , normal and so on?

world axis vs local is very simple. world axis is the x/y/z axis that you see in the viewport, it never changes. where as the local x/y/z is the “world” axis based on the object you have selected… or that objects “world”. if you take a cube, and rotate it 90 degrees in Z on the world axis, the world axis x/y/z dont change, but if you select the cube and change to local axis, you would notice that the red and green arrows on the cube now correspond to the “wrong” axis in the world, relative to the world axis (the red and green lines on the grid), the red X axis arrow of the cube would move along the world Y axis. this is because the cubes “world” was turned 90 degrees relative to the global “world” of the scene. the cubes x axis now corresponds to the worlds Y axis, and y to x. but z is still z, because you rotated around it.

i hope that made sense. haha!

you also mentioned normals, thats even simpler. its just the “vector” which projects at exactly 90 degrees to the face of each polygon. you have face normals and vertex normals, as a modeler you will only have to concern yourself with face normals for the most part. and it only really effects visibility at render time. put simply. if the normal is facing toward the camera, it renders, if the normal is facing away from the camera, you see blank space (or a hole through the model). simplest way to control normals while modeling is A select all then ctrl+N to make normals consistent. you can turn on normals in the view port in the N properties panel under the display heading when your in edit mode.

as for the picture of the car. im not sure what your pointing out with the circled bits. elaborate on what the problem is?

The part that strikes me as being problematic is the area where the window meets the back of the body. here and there are quads that are bent, or folded, which makes shading a roll of the dice. also, the edge flow could be improved in that same region.

Oh, the parts i circled are the vercies out of place and it just seems one of the ortho views may be not correct. or something

I was wondering, I have seen people do demos of setting up blueprints but, I have noticed the pictures maybe different sizes. does it matter or if it’s on different on one axis compared to another such as front ortho and side ortho. because, I see people do blueprints sizes 10204 x 1024 then I see some that will be like 786 x 385 and then the top would have one of the same numbers on the axis and the other one different like 786 x 250 . and i heard it doesn’t matter because of the same axis, but then, I see people making tutorials on making the image 1024 x 1024. so just wondering if that’s what is making my vertices get put pf place too.

thanks in advance for your answers guys

not sure exactly what you mean by blueprints. do you mean a final render in freestyle to look like an old pre-autocad blueprint? or are you perhaps talking about UV map for texture?

either way the image size doesnt matter. if its a UV map it should be kept square if your exporting for a game or certain renderers for animation. but if its just for rendering within blender the size doesn’t matter.