DryStone addon: create irregular stonework walls

This probably isn’t something I will develop further but it still might be useful in its present form, an addon to create a mesh of irregularly stacked groutless stones.

cheers,

– michel.

should be useful thanks. put a displacement modifier on it and ther you go. and it works wohooo

Man you keep on releasing these awesome tools. Thanks! glad to see your work in the blender market.

After I have created a wall and separate the blocks to use as rigid bodies, how can I get the origin to the center of each block all at once. As it is, the origin sets on one side (bottom block in image) and I have to manually move each block in EDIT mode to center the origin into the middle of the block (top block in the image).

Nice addon. It makes walls that are too high poly for the things I am doing but still nice to have in the toolkit.

nice addon,thanks.

Did a minor update: added (random) uvmap and vertex color layer.

Cheers,

– Michel.

Hello.

I can install the addon without problems, but when I try to add the new geometry the script fails showing this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.72\scripts\addons\drystone.py", line 188, in execute
    offset = Vector((random(), random(), 0)) if obj.randomuv else Vector((0, 0, 0))
AttributeError: 'Object' object has no attribute 'randomuv'

Despite the error, the wall is created so I can add the soldify and bevel modifiers on my own.

By the way, thank you for your hardwork creating this tools.

@Birkov: finally fixed this bug, it totally escaped my attention. Current version on GitHub runs ok.

I checked this asset out and I must say it’s rather fantastic!