Domino Effect (Steam Game)

Here is the link to my steam page. Please be sure to vote, rate, and subscribe if you already haven’t
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=317201631&searchtext=

Domino Effect has the standard elements of a third person action game as well as some new abilities that I haven’t really seen in any other game before. It features guns for shooting, a jetpack for traversing the open world environment, telekinesis for picking up objects and enemies, zero gravity for…zero gravity, and a singularity (a miniature black hole) that you can spawn at will which sucks everything up, including entire buildings, which you can then make explode, scattering absolutely everything outward in a 360 degree radius. You can use all of these things together to completely destroy enemy structures. Right now, I am currently working on a mechanic that gives you the ability to use both zero gravity and the singularity together in order to pick up an entire building and fling the debris at enemies like giant robot monsters (ill show that in my next video). In this game, you can go from having to confront an entire hostile building full of enemies, to actually using it as a weapon against them. Honestly, I think it looks pretty cool.

Now get a load of this: I have been creating this game on a pretty old desktop computer. And on this old computer, I can run up to 10 different enemy structures at once. However, I recently tested my game on my brothers “modern” $300 laptop with an intel i3 processor and 4 gigs of ram and gues how many buildings I was able to run at once with a smooth, playable framerate? 32!!! Thirty-Two fully destructible enemy structures that you can destroy completely with an arsenal of physics defying abilities. That’s an entire town or a small city that you will be able to fly around in and mess everything up!!!

I’ve been working on this game off and on for about 2 years now. It really shouldn’t have taken me this long to get this far. The only thing keeping me from “buckling down” and taking this game seriously is the fact that I’ve had no support from my family or friends. For some reason I feel like this game will fail because nobody would want to play it. That’s why I’ve decided to reach out to you as a community of gamers and see what YOU have to say about it. In other words, am I crazy or not? Would you vote for this game if it were on steam greenlight? Would you buy this game? Please subscribe to me in some way if you like it. I promise not to fill your inbox full of bulk. Just to notify you when I post my game to greenlight so you can vote for it. Thanks guys.

Again the link to my steam page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=317201631&searchtext=

Video please? :smiley:

the video is on the steam page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=317201631&searchtext=

the video is nothing new. But I added a few new screenshots. And I’m about to make a new video that features a lot more…including dismemberable giant robot monsters!!! Please friend me, like me, or subscribe to me in some form of social media…im trying to get my game out there.

So would anyone vote for my game to be on steam greenlight?

Woow looks very good!!
I hope this gets on steam.

Looks cool!
But as far as Steam greenlight goes, it needs a LOT of love before it’s complete and retail-able.

Well considering that you have made it that far… you get a thumbs up from me :slight_smile:
At a later date, why not turn those dominoes into building structures ?
Good luck for the rest…

Yea…I did in fact replace the dominos with actual “bricks” and windows. But here is the part where I’m stuck…how do I go about creating terrain for my game? It seems that whenever I subdivide a plane and create hills and then apply bounds to it, things get real messed up…how can I create a low poly terrain that makes physical sense?

Wow i think your game is super cool great work. how to vote? im new :frowning:

If you have a steam account, just hit the “thumbs up” button that is just bellow the video…i think lol. Thaks a lot man

Oh i see , thats exactly what happened i was told to log in, Best of luck though you deserve to win. :slight_smile:

Gave you a vote on steam. Hope you have the best of luck with getting the greenlight.

thanks for the support man!

Cool man! Any pointers on how to get BGE games on steam? How does one separate it? Best of luck to you!

This is impressive!!!:eek:

I’m bout to release a new video yall. It’s gona show off my new giant mega robot monster behemoths that can smash into buildings. BTW what ever happend to Ton rosendaal’s idea to get rid of the Game Engine?

+1 from me.

Nothing, in fact probably the opposite. because BGE is going to be re-labeled as an interaction engine instead of a game engine people (myself included) thought that it was going to be replaced. When really they are upgrading the animations system, open gl, and making an easier to use logic editor.

Read more about it here: http://www.blender.org/press/18-anticipated-blender-development-projects-of-2015/

Hey hey This game is looking pretty good! Though the video ws kind dark i could see for the most part what was going on! i hop eyou continue with this game! id like to see some better art and animations with this project but all that comes in time! Best of all things to you on this project!!! :slight_smile:

That’s good to hear. I was getting worried that it would end up dying which sort of caused me to stop production on my game. Hearing this, I shall re-invest my time into finishing this game and hopefully sell it on steam.