UI: Text box with multiple lines

hello,
I want to incorporate in my Blender interface (in my addon) a text box that allows you to write notes on several lines (as in the text editor script). Currently, what I find in Blender are text boxes on one line!
Thank you for your help.

There is no layout element for multi line text, nor is there text wrapping.

You could use a UI list however, but it wouldn’t be convenient to use, as the user would need to click to add another entry, then focus the new input field below the former.

CoDEmanX thank you for your response.
Too bad it does not exist in Blender. This can be useful when you want to annotate objects (in collaborative work) in architecture, CAD …

As mentioned here: http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-committers/2014-September/044206.html

• Antony is working on custom widget API, that will allow operators and code to add custom widgets to the interface.

It might one day be possible depending on how flexible this custom widget API is. Just something to keep an eye on.

Thank you for the information

A layout element for continuous text shouldn’t be implemented in python however out of performance reasons. At least if you want something better than simple pre-wrapping words, it can be quite complex to reflow text.

Hi CoDEmanX do you know if text wrapping still isn’t possible? also in the case of a list, is it possible to register a stringProperty list? thnx