Blender rc2 crashing at the moment render finishes

I got to catch a plane, so i keep it short; and then i be a week of the grid.

The just released blender seam crash after a cycles render has finished.
First i thought maybe something with my objects, so i removed everything, placed only image as a plane.

The strange thing is, the rendering itself is just fine, works, but exactly when it is finished, i get a windows popup blender has stopped responding, and then the app is killed … so sad since it actually just finished rendering

The previous versions did not have this problem (neither the version that was testbuild1)
My cycles settings : render to a new window > branched path, but the actual settings didnt matter, how many difuse AO or etc…
I’m rendering on an octocore, win7 64bit …
My assumption is that there is something wrong when the multithreaded job of rendering is finished, might by some kind of threading issue, while the threads do their job nothing is wrong but when it is finished it crashes. might by a multithreading problem.

Couldnt test all setting but it didnt crash same scene, when rendering to UVimage (not that popup window), and using path tracing, dont have the time, butto pinpoint needs more testing, perhaps this helps others…

ok gotta go now
sorry no time to fill in a complete bug rapport, but thought lets post anyway as maybe others have it too.

small flight delay and still wifi here, happened also when rendering to image (not that popup screen) instead of a new window,
But I noticed something interesting… it was almost ready each time (a few blocks (the last few) still hadn’t been rendered yet) i got an octo core i7 , and i was counting the remaining empty blocks then screen disapeared, but i think it was the last round of the little rendering blocks and the remaining non rendered parts… then i reduced render scale to 10% all got rendered and then still it crashed.
It hapens with both cycles render methods windowed, or on image, experimental and supported render methods.

Its not solved by reducing the threads to only 1 (so i think its in the routine itself per thread what it does and how it ends), or by using progresive render

I can without problems break a render (not finishing it), then it woudnt crash (but neither have i a finished render then).

Its not size of final render image or size of blend related.

Oh and I used the RC2 zip file.

i have a similar issue regarding render crash in RC2,. it could be that cuda shuts down on high temperature need to find out if thats the case.