Animation Exercise: Clive Thinking

An animation exercise using the Clive rig. My first animation past a bouncing ball. Looking for some constructive feedback.

Thanks!

I don’t feel qualified to give advice, I struggle with animation, so take this as is…

The finger tapping the cheek is too fast. The character shifts weight from resting one arm on one knee to resting the other arm on the other knee, I would think the knees and lower torso would twist as well. Show a shifting of weight as the pose changes…

Just my 2 cents…

Randy

Yes it is nice but you can improve your work.This is your first animation so it is good.You must do next work better than this work.Add more animation technique.

Very well done.

My critique… Right now your animation is too soft and slow. Speed it up and make it snap! Use your cuves to start and stop each motion with intention. So the finger should actually ‘hit’ the face… be aggressive and flatten that curve to really emphasize this. Same with the foot and positional switch. Work those curves! :slight_smile: This is a great start though.

Well. a little boring. We should feel what in his head, what hi is thinking about. Try to do expressions more readeble. When your character blinks, his eyebrows did’t move - fix this. He change his pose too robotic (hands start and end their movement in the same time) But in general nice try, keep it going and practice. Sry for my english, i hope you will get a point.

UPD. http://content.animationmentor.com/pdfs/TipsAndTricks_Volume1.pdf

Check this, especially ‘Blinking’ part

Thanks very much for everyone’s feed back! It’s great to have some direction while moving forward on this and other exercises. I’ll post again after some tweaks.