Hunter's Cabin

This is a project I recently finished from the Architecture Academy. The design is my own, not exactly as the tutorial. I modeled and textured the cabin, rocks, terrain, shotgun, deer skull, wood pile, and bench. The trees, bushes, boots, and oil lamp are assets from The Architecture Academy. The ivy was modeled with the IvyGenerator, pine cones, grass, and weeds are particle systems. I’m pleased with the outcome, but have been looking at it for so long would appreciate some fresh perspective. Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Attachments

Amazing! Can’t find anything wrong with it! Very photorealistic. The only thing is maybe a little post pro, like some artistic color correction. Just a thought. Good job!

Quick question: how was the Architecture Academy?

This came out absolutely fantastic, well worth all the effort you put into it.

I just love the high amount of quality that Blender can put out for nature scenes because of Cycles.

The texturing of the cabin along with the trees and ground look fantastic, though the shading of the man-made objects seem to be of a little lower quality than the rest of the scene.

Wow! I initially thought your render was a reference photo. Great job.

Steve S

Great render, the wood of the house look like if someone have sanding it.

Thanks! It was about 3 weeks work. I’ve been learning Blender for about a year now, I think I 've got some of the technical stuff down, it’s the “artistic” stuff I need to work on. Any advice on what and how to add those changes are welcomed!
The AA is a very good course, but pricey. Lots of great textures, models and additional tuts on furniture, material making, and redering.

Thanks for the feedback! The the material for the logs was all done with one texture, a kind of rough plank fence tex. The log ends were seven different textures from CG textures. Actually the materials for the man made items are pretty good, just can’t see the detail at a distance.

Thanks, you have my permission to use as such if you like. LOL

Thank You!

Thanks, I was trying to go for a real old weathered look.

Good work.

Love the detail on this, great work!