Eli Govero Demoreel 2014

Here is my demoreel! All animation was done by me. Blender was used for all animation.

Here is my website with a blog and other works! http://www.eligovero.webs.com

Comments and Critiques would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :smiley:

Good animation, i like your animation with the balltail rig.

Hey man, you have a very cool reel here with some definite strong point, it also has some definite weak points, though. Bear in mind, the point of a showreel isn’t to show everything, but only to show the very best parts of your very best works. For the first shot, for example, when the guy jumps off the platform it looks excellent. The martial arts moves also fit, however when he walks away it looks very disjointed and mechanical. I’d remove that. The other shot of the human walking has the same problem. Rather stick with the shot of the bipedal ball to show off your walk cycle. Definitely the part that got me most, as noted by the above commenter, is the ball with the tail. With that character you’ve captured a lot of important aspects of animation such as exaggeration and anticipation. Other than that, great showreel. keep it up :slight_smile:

Hey. Thank you both! :slight_smile: And yeah @highlander_93, You make a good point. :stuck_out_tongue: I will probably update it sometime soon. :slight_smile:

first of all, most of it was pretty good, but as higlander_93 said, there are some weak points you need to work on, and many good ones. Also in the first shot when he does the “kick” could you in some way add more force and power because now it just looks like he is lifting his leg fast up. Btw I’m not an animator, I do only modeling and texturing so I am not an expert in this but hopefully you will undertsand what I mean :slight_smile:

Hey SheepHD. :slight_smile: thanks for the reply. And yeah lol, I understand what you’re saying. :stuck_out_tongue:

Great job on the animation I like how the ball squishes up and down as it bounces.

Haha thanks man. :slight_smile: