Is there a simple drop object on object method ?.

This is about placing objects on top of each

I know there is the pysics system, in which one can drop down an opbject, its near perfect (as it keeps minimal distance).
And there is also the cursor, and snap object to cursor, while using magnet surface. That works if the object you plan has the origin on the bottem side (and not in the midle), sure you can relocate origin etc etc… its a long way…

What i wonder is there a more simpler method in which i can for example rotate a chair in any way, and then it finds a stable position on the floor. (a chair is a multistable object, it has a few options on how it can stand on a floor).
In most cases when people create something and it need to be on top of something else, maybe it needs to be placed horizontal so after a turn. …not sure if possible, but something like a modifier, you select object A then B, then based on current rotation a best placement of A on B is calculated (without everything else getting simulation updates).

Or some other way of snapping object surface A to object surface B, both outerhulls touching.

the drop to ground addon -under Testing- can do simple alignments
but for something more complex you need a simulation or a custom script I guess

Another way could be to use the snap tool (Shift+Tab) in face mode for example and snap the upper object to the lower object’s surface by constraining the Z axis.

that works only if the theobject origin is at the bottem also

im not a blender scripter but an edge/ or face checking loop that checks for a mesh crosing. or something.
…hmm kinda weird that for us in the normal world it is so common to place things around us, but in 3d it isnt that easy.

This reminds me how nice it would be to have a quick method for moving the origin to Z minimum of an object in object mode.
Here:

By using these three marked green and pushing Ctrl while grabbing with mouse close to face you want to land on you could align anything quite easily.
Say, for these chairs i kept mouse cursor near the bottom faces of the legs; takes maximum 3 attempts. Origin is where it was on default cube and initial rotation can be little less than +_90 deg between faces you want to snap.