RNA datasheets

Hello everyone,

I have had a brief look into Blender Dev wiki => Architecture section but what is there: how structures are interfaced wasn’t exactly the thing I was after.
My goal was to see from an over view perspective what makes a scene object different to a mesh object. . . how things organised. . . so I could see from the user perspective what are the slight differences between an empty object from an mesh object

Since DNA/ RNA at a sense serializes C structures and will definitely be possible to generate some datasheet by just dumping all what you see in the outliner view. And in fact you may tell me to look into the source to find out myself.
But there must be a design document somewhere shouldn’t it? A cute little table with object/ data names and properties?? Thank you~

Not really understanding your request, I must apologize. What is it you are specifically looking for? Preferably provide an example with screenshots or smthng …

Good luck with that. ‘Live’ source like Blender is never in sync with developer docs. Structure is partly documented and primers are basic and sometimes obsolete. I found high level overviews from 2.5 transition era most helpful. Other than that you are pretty much on your own.

Python API on the other hand is nicely covered.

API docs are indeed very helpful, although they don’t show you internal properties and variables known to the C code only:
Mesh(ID) vs. Scene(ID)

Thanks all for helping out XD