Blender Ocean Simulation: Assorted Oceans

Hi Blender Artists,

I created a short film of assorted oceans using the Blender ocean simulation. Some are products of the Blender renderer and some have been rendered using the cycles renderer. I owe a lot to Jonathan Lampel and Oliver Villar for completing this work.
Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

My opinion, especially about waves:
the calm ocean (as well dark room, the moon, morning) have too much amplitude of the “low frequency” waves and the smaller waves need more detail.
Dark room is one of the most suggestive but have the same issue of the calm; the foreground can be improved.
Recollection waves are not convincing me…
In the guardian the tiled pattern can be seen too much.

While rocks (the ones of resistance are the best, but i guess they need to be more smooth due to erosion) other models, etc…can be improved i think you did a unique work.

I know almost nothing about this kind of renders but it is looking great, the colours, the nature is great, maybe… the depht of field can be better, the background look like pixelated and the water look with a better resolution, You can put some depth of field to have a better result.

Hi, many thanks for your comments!
I will surely think about your suggestions next time I work on the ocean simulation :slight_smile: