Use new "cheap" gpu as video output and old broken gpu as render card?

Old GPU: GTX 560 Ti
New GPU: searching

Hi

My old GPU recently had problems with video output to monitor. After about half hour screen goes black and I had to unplug and replug power of monitor several times to get it back working… And now there’s is no signal what so ever…

Is it possible to use a relative cheap card as video output to monitor and use the old card for cycles in viewport and rendering?

Assuming it’s just the video output circuitry that’s failed, then most likely yes. Just install the new video card and set it as your video output device and then use the ‘broken’ card as a compute GPU in Blender.

Well to be sure it’s only the video output, I’ve done the following after a sudden loss of the video-signal. I entered my system with Teamviewer true another system, and setup a scene to render cycles in viewport. The scene rendered good.

Does this mean it’s really only the video output that is corrupt on the card?.. (Hard- vs software)… Or is it too early to say that?

So I thought I was getting somewhere and then the following happened, I did a reboot and right after the “shutdown”-part, the screen lost it’s signal. I got it back after unplugging and replugging the power after 5 minutes or so…