Anime Character

I could use some suggestions on improvement to the model. As implied by the title I’m going for a 2D anime look. I’m mostly happy with how the body turned out but there is something bugging me about the shape of the head/face in general. I could also use some advice on what sorts of textures/shaders I could apply to the model to make it look more 2D/cartoony.

Thanks in advance.

Its been a while but here’s a work in progress animation

Please excuse the poor video quality, I rendered it at low quality to get it done fast. I could use some brutally honest advice on what needs improvement. Thanks.

Really good animation - it’s not perfect, but it’s pretty detailed and quick, which is good. As for the character’s face, I think the issues are that

1. His eyes are a bit too small.
  2. He seems to be lacking eyebrows.
  3. His eyes are shapeless, and just look like rectangular planes. Adding a black border to indicate eyelashes and shaping his eyes in general would probably be good ideas.
  4. His hair seems to be “flat” against his head, looking vertically. It should be at least slightly larger than his head.

Thanks for the critique. The first image is actually outdated. I added face lines to distinguish parts of his face.

Here’s an updated image

The hair could use some work, I’ll see what i can do with it.

If you haven’t already try to use the freestyle render engine :slight_smile:

Where did you get the idea for the fight scenes from?

Your anime character reminds of Jet Set Radio Future oh man I like it a whole lot =).

I’ve tried to use freestyle, it still seems finicky in cycles and I’ve still yet to learn its full potential. Maybe in the future.

Uh my brain I guess??

Thanks appreciate it.

Another update with latest animation progress.

Anything rendered will most likely be final.