blender teacher for quick project

After spending more than 50 hours failing to successfully model a cup handle (no joke…*) I’d like to pay an experienced Blender artist to show me how they’d do it. Live screen-sharing with audio would be preferable so I can ask questions, but if that’s not possible a written tutorial with screen shots and detailed explanations may work.

PM with a quote; I’ll send a blender file and sketches of what I’m looking for.

*The handle’s extruded profile changes along its length and needs to blend smoothly into a specific curve at the bottom of the cup. So at least it’s a complicated handle.

There’s lots of great tutorials on Youtube for modeling coffee cups. You might want to check these out first?

It sounds like you’re wanting a specific profile all the way across the handle. If it were me, I’d use the Loft tool that’s part of the LoopTools addon. If you don’t know how to use that, I’d be more than willing to make a quick tut for you.
-Nathaniel

for the love of…

do you guys simply not get it?

This is a paid forum. The support forums are for advice.

The profile of any client is someone who for whatever the reason does not have the skill, ability,time, or interest in learning 3D. That is why we are here.

I take offense to this, not because I consider this particular job posting of interest, but because I actually make money by the hour teaching Blender as a consultant.

Somehow you guys just don’t get that this is what this forum is for.

If you feel the need to give advice, do so in the support forums. Not by rudely coming here are stepping in front of potential clients who have posted here to get help and - heaven forbid - are willing to pay for it.

What a concept. Money.

Amen Richard!

hey PM me with a picture of the cup you’re trying to make and we can set something up :slight_smile:

Dude, tone it down a couple notches. I understand you can make money off of making tutorials for people. This one is so simple, though, that you could do it in 2 minutes. Nothing complicated going on here, so why not help a guy out? I like to make money as much as the next guy, but I also recognize when it’s more worth it to just assist.

What a concept. Helping. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ha ha ha , yeah you got the brunt of my frustration. Point taken… but here is the toned down version:

Help goes in the support forum. Period. End of discussion.

It is not about the nature of this post. Or anything about it. It is that this is the paid work forum. And that is not up for discussion here period.

And this is not understood by many people. Things like this go on all the time here.

Not just cases like this. I have even seen people come here and:

a) Flat out suggest that Blender artist would not be right for this kind of work

b) Start actually working on the job here for free and posting samples of work

c) Telling people not to hire someone and just do it themselves - in all kinds of variety.

d) Tell people not to post for permanent paid positions on this forum

c) Many other similar kinds of things that all pretty much say - don’t hire someone.

Sorry to single you out, but I only pipe in when it seems like it is getting out of hand.

This is something that really needs attention and we have had long discussions with moderator on this. And there is no real solution, despite agreement that something should be done about it.

I don’t really know what else to do except pipe in now and again.

No worries :). We’re all on the same team here.

I understand this is the paid forum, but I think a little discernment should be taken, which is probably why moderators haven’t done anything about it. I think we’re both trying to be fair, and I even offered to help beyond the skeleton outline that I posted (which wouldn’t have helped anyone except more experienced Blender users). But I understand the frustration.

-Nathaniel

Moderation:
I’m going to leave this discussion as-is for the time being. However, if you have a suggestion for a person who’s seeking help/advice in the Jobs forums, please do it via PM in the future. If you feel that the thread is really a support thread in disguise, then report it to the moderation team and we’ll move it to the appropriate support forum.

Hello everyone - I’m sorry for abandoning this posting, but I can tell you all why I’m here.

What I want is something very specific, and rather complicated. It involves finesse with organic curves and moving meshes very precisely. It’s the kind of thing you’d be good at if you like modeling cars or 3D printing jewelry.

There’s a reason I spent over 50 hours trying to figure out how to do what I wanted - it’s not that I’m slow, and it’s not that I haven’t watched dozens of “how to model a cup” videos on YouTube.

I want an expert to show me precisely how they would go about modeling a complicated part, and I’m going to pay because the only people who know enough to do this properly charge for their time (except a few very generous souls who spend their time helping in the modeling forums, and this problem is way too complicated to solve there; I already tried.)

Calling my mesh a “cup handle” may have been misleading, but rest assured I came here knowing it was the right place, and knowing I couldn’t get the help I wanted without paying a fee.

Please leave the posting as-is; it hasn’t been resolved yet, but mostly because I haven’t had time to find the right person.

If you feel the need to give advice, do so in the support forums. Not by rudely coming here are stepping in front of potential clients who have posted here to get help and - heaven forbid - are willing to pay for it.