Artists and Programmers needed for yet unnamed game project.

Hello!

For a long time now, I’ve been thinking about getting a few talented people together, and create something amazing! But a task like that, I realize, is far from easy.

So I waited, and waited, and waited… and then I procrastinated some more. I’ve seen many a project fail, and even more people boo-ed off the forums for saying “I’ve got this idea, I have no skills, now make MY game for ME!”.

Before I give more information, I would like to make it very clear that this is as much my project, as it is of potential future team members. I cannot offer payment, or even promise payment at the end of the ride (although that is my hope). And while I keep very low expectations, IF this project should prove succesful (both creatively as financially) a large portion of the profits would be divided between team members, and a part would be invested in converting this project into a full-fledged startup.I’ve also attached some images so you might get a feeling for the visual style I’ve got in mind.

What I’m looking for

My own roles will be limited to modeling, sculpting, unwrapping, and texture painting. I’ve also dabbled in screenwriting for a while, so that is a task I could take on as well.

However, fact of the matter is that I have no experience in programming, sound design, or level design in any engine besides the BGE (with a very basic knowledge of Logic Bricks). It’s not that I don’t feel like learning a thing or two, but I feel that would be incredibly bad for the end result (not to mention that the project would probably get shelved until I’m around eighty years old).

So you understand I need a few extra hands.

Mainly:

Programmers

Well versed in at least one of the languages most commonly used by game engines. You can think creatively, and don’t shy away from a task that might seem daunting at first.

Concept Artists

You are the sort of person that lies awake at night, thinking of the things that would give your latest piece that thing that would make it not good, but great!

You know how to translate an idea (be it your own or not) to a piece of art on your canvas, and you are comfortable working in a predefined visual style. There is no single software I would favor, as long as it gets the job done well.

3D Artists

You have experience translating a 2D concept to 3D, whether it’s inanimate objects or characters/creatures.

You are comfortable working in a predefined visual style.

Ideally, you are able to unwrap, hand paint textures, rig, and animate your creations as well.

Level/Environment Designers

You have a great feeling for what makes for a great gameplay experience; you know what works, and what does not.

Although some environments will be created in other software packages, you have no problem creating environments with modular assets that will be provided.

You know how to use lighting to set the mood.

Composer/Sound Designer

Epic battles, creepy caves, impending doom, victory, relief? You imagine what it sounds like, and you audialize (yeah, that’s a word… apparently) it.

You know how to take a visual experience, and reach into people’s souls by creating the appropriate soundtrack.

No 8-bit sound here.

Sidenote: All team members are expected to have strong communication skills. And if you feel you have skills in multiple aspects of game design… that’d be awesome.

Genre

Colourful, stylized RPG/Adventure with a puzzle twist.

Story Outline

You (the player) are just a regular guy/girl. You get up in the morning, drink your coffee, go to work, get your groceries, go home, eat, sleep. Rinse and repeat.

Until one day you receive a mysterious package in the mail: a videogame, a fantasy RPG. You have no idea where it came from, and there’s no return address. There’s no publisher, no developer that has ever released the game you received. You install it that evening…

…and that is where your adventure begins.

<-- The aforementioned is just the premise, actual storyline is open for discussion among any future team members -->

Features (hopefully)

• Open world(s).
  • (Double) character customization.
  • Real time combat system (but not too easy of course).
  • A colourful, stylized look.
  • Two seperate, but intertwining storylines.
  • Puzzle solving to complete an objective/quest.

Interested?

Contact me on Skype: brellingreatbeard
Send me a PM.
Or send your questions or info to: [email protected] (In case you mail, please send along some relevant work)

As promised, some example of the visual style:

To anyone who might have responded via email:

I have just noticed that my domain name expired, and I haven’t renewed it. This means that any mails that were sent there have been sent in vain.

Anyone who wants to contact me, feel free to do so through the aforementioned skype name.

Sorry for the inconvenience.