Nvidia Gamewoks tech; Will AMD become nothing more than a maker of paperweights?

I don’t know if it’s exclusive tech or not, but apparently Nvidia is trying to move towards a system where future AMD cards become nothing more than large paperweights because they can no longer actually run anything as intended.

See the story on Gameworks exclusive GI for instance.

Now to be honest, I don’t have much of an idea if all of these new techniques will be designed to work only with Nvidia’s hardware, but if so, then if the new tech really takes off, it could lead AMD’s days to being numbered before they officially go out of business and Nvidia and Intel both obtain monopolies, and who knows what could happen to hardware prices and brand quality then.

Thoughts?

AMD better be worried if technology of this calibre reaches the market…

Nvidia Gamewoks tech; Will AMD become nothing more than a maker of paperweights?

Ace Dragon… I thought you were going to tone down on the clickbait style titles?

AMD are, and will be in the foreseeable future, competitive with NVIDIA. They wont make ‘paperweights’… they will make both GPU’s and CPU’s which target a specific demographic… low-mid range computers.

After some consideration, I am of the opinion that as long as there exists a market for a specified product, and if the product meets a specific criteria ie a fixed and determined producer, then the product will indeed be in demand…by the said market.

Considering AMDs Mantle API I don’t think they’re going anywhere anytime soon (do read up on it it’s quite interesting, I can’t wait 'til the SDK goes public so I can play with it)